Zestiva Organic Black Chia Seed, (500g) USDA & JAS Certified, Bundle of 2
- $10.90 $16.00
- NUTRIENT DENSE: Rich source of protein, antioxidants, essential omega-3 fatty acids, magnesium, calcium, potassium, and fiber. Can be consumed and digested whole.
- PREMIUM DIET COMPATIBILITY: An ideal addition to vegetarian, vegan, whole food, paleo, ketogenic, and gluten-free diets.
- VERSATILE INGREDIENT: Add a healthful gourmet flair to salads, snacks, soups, and baked goods, or soak them for a satisfying pudding or gel.
- COMMITMENT TO QUALITY: Zestiva source the world’s finest chia seeds and stringently adheres to USDA certified organic and non-GMO guidelines to deliver superfood that is good for you and good for the planet.
- EASY TO USE PACKAGING: Organic, non-GMO, Raw, Premium (Black/ White) Chia Seeds arrive ready in easy to use, reseal
Ingredient: 100% certified Organic Chia Seed
Country of Origin: Mexico
Chia Seed - Superfood of Aztec Ancient Warrior
Chia seeds were first harvested over 3,000 years ago by the ancient Mayan, Inca and Aztec empires. Warriors used this tiny superfood during times of conquest to improve stamina and endurance. Raw, gluten-free, organic, vegan, nut-free and grain-free, these seeds make the perfect addition to any modern-day diet.
Omega 3’s: Chia Seeds are naturally preserved by an omega-3 called cinnamic acid, preventing them from going rancid and extending their shelf-life. Studies indicate omega-3’s help to reduce inflammation and improve cardiovascular health. Viva Naturals Organic Chia Seeds contain 2,440mg of omega-3’s per serving.
Fiber: Fiber has been shown to promote regularity, maintain blood sugar and promote a satiety effect. Viva Naturals Organic Chia Seeds contain 4g of fiber per serving, making it an excellent all-natural thickener and binder in all of your favourite recipes.
Suggested Uses: Chia seeds can be used as a binder in virtually any recipe because of its gel-forming ability, or can simply be sprinkled over your favourite smoothies, oatmeal, yogurt and salads. Add 1-2 tablespoons per day to amplify the nutritional integrity of your favourite dishes.
Difference between White Chia & Black Chia
The main difference btween the white chia seed and the black chia seed is that white chia seeds are slightly higher in ALA Omega-3 fatty acid content as compare to black chia seed, white chia is extracted from plant that bear the white flower whereas black chia is from the plant that bear the purple flower .
White Chia seed blend in with the food nicely while black chia seed give the contrast to the food.
Both black and white chia seed are high in Omega 3 , significant amounts of omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.